First of all, nothing has changed with the situation previously posted. If anything, it's gotten worse. How about this? Let's stop living in a blurry dream. Let's wake, shake ourselves, and realize.
Ok. Now that's out of the way... LJ got hitched! Her wedding was absolutely beautiful. Small, classy, with just a hint of country, just like LJ. I was so honored to be the MOH even though no one told me that it was one of the most stressful things in the world. It's like you try to help, but you're not. I kept feeling like I forgot things or wasn't doing something right (it didn't help that my dress was way too small in the upper region). Between the ceremony and reception LJ's little dog ran away, but they found her after. (A relief, even though she was a little mean!) I think I did the best I could and I know LJ appreciates and loves us just as much as we do! We had a great time and I was so glad to be apart of it.
After the wedding, I left straight for camp. It was a long drive to make a 9am after a late night. I love camp, but this year was different. After being at camp for less than 12hrs., we received the tragic news that our longtime friend and camper, Sara Johnson, was killed in car accident. I had her youngest sister in my cabin. All the cabin leaders and staff were jilted by this news, but none of us could imagine the pain her family was going through. I never ever want to see another child as sad as Laini was that day. She is such a happy little girl and to see her so completely heartbroken was devastating. However, we pressed on through the week because Sara loved camp and that's what she would have wanted.
As the week went on, things just weren't the same as they usually are. I can't pinpoint what it was, but something was just off with the group. We did have a STELLAR camp pastor who brought The Word with compassion and awe. I loved to hear her speak each day. She really connected with the kids (and adults) on a real level. We also had a band from Indiana Wesleyan called En Gedi join us for worship. They are extremely talented. Overall, chapel was my favorite part of camp...a first for me.
I left camp a little early to head out for Florida. This trip was planned for my cousin's 21st birthday. Without going into too much detail, things started bad, got better, got wayyy worse, and ended okay. Here's the thing, God was trying hard to tell us not to go. We had rental car and hotel issues. Then, after Universal Studios, things were just not good. No real reason why things happened the way they did, but I just know I need to be in a constant state of prayer and meditation.
I will say that we had a BLAST at Universal Studios: Islands of Adventu
Now, I'm back home...and broke. Was it worth it? Only slightly because of Islands of Adventure and the bit of joy I felt there with my mom, cousin and brother.
Overall, these past 2 weeks have been a straight up challenge. I'm exhausted and frustrated. When I feel defeated like this, I turn to Phil 4:4-13. I find strength in these words. I know I can go on.
God also has given me some stellar friends that I am so thankful for. The ones who've been around forever, are still there and always will be. However, I'm especially thankful for friends who I've gotten close recently. I love knowing that I can send a text or make a call to say exactly what's on my mind and get an honest response. Those people are tough to find these days! In the words of a great tv show theme:
Thank you for being a friend.
Travel down the road and back again.
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.
And if you threw a party, invited everyone you knew.
You would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say,
Thank you for being a friend.
I am truly blessed.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment