
My oh my! I've been meaning to catch this sucker up, but time slips away. You can kill a lot of time if you really put your mind to it (Ben Harper). What's new here in the south? I'm sure you're dying to know!
Well, first and most importantly, I'm still alive. This might seem like an obvious fact, but I was pretty sure KTIP (The Kentucky Teacher Internship Program) was going to kill me. I spent the first 8 months of my teaching career slaving away on a binder that really didn't reflect my teaching ability. I spent just about every night at school. I'm talking arrive at 8:00am and leave at 9:00pm kind of days. It was a TON of work, but I had a lot of support so it wasn't too bad. The good news is... I PASSED! I can officially be a teacher in the state of Kentucky! Yes! It was a really big step in the right direction. Next step, master's degree. Eek! While I'm thrilled to be done, I'm also feeling a little empty. For SO long, I had SO much to do. Now? Psssh. I come home and take a nap. Am I sad about that? No. I love it. Do I always feel like I should be doing something? Yes.
Last weekend was Bike Race aka the coolest weekend UE can offer. It was great to see old friend and make some new ones. I love the feeling that I get when I go back. It's like I never left! Next weekend, is Derby. I'm frighted. Traffic, noise, stinky animals, plus housing about 15 trannies at my apartment? This could be crazy!!! I think we're going to go to the Derby Eve concert though. Edwin McCain! Whooo! =\
I'm also super pumped this summer. It's going to be kind of busy, but I can totally handle that. The most exciting part about this summer? The concerts! Of course, I'm going to see John Mayer (twice actually) and I'll be attending Lilith Fair. I might also go see DMB and/or Ben Folds at HullabaLOU. The one that's coming up soon is (drumroll please) CHICAGO! I can't wait! LJ and Stacey are coming with me. It's going to be EPIC! Who would have thought that I'd be seeing Chicago? I'm so lucky.
The cat's snoring. The laundry's done. My bed is calling... Must mean it's time to call it a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment