23 May 2010

Maybe



Call me crazy, but I've been having these strange trains of thought recently. Usually, these thought trains come are about zombies or something bizarre, but more recently they've been about "love". I'm no romantic, but I wonder if there's someone put there for me. If so, where is he?

Blame it on the FIVE wedding I have this summer. Blame it on the bachelorette party this past weekend. Blame it on the fact that 3 of 4 SICs have boyfriends. Blame it on the fact that Sex and the City 2 comes out next week. I can't help it. I'm sick of waiting. I'm sick of praying for him to show up. I'm sick of having "and guest" on invites rather than another name. Seriously, where is he? I totally deserve to have someone special to share in my new life. I'm so tempted to go see a psychic to find out when he's going to show up. :) Haha! Maybe miss Cleo can help.

I feel like I should start wearing some kind of poster around my neck that says what I'm looking for. Smart, Christian, employed, attractive, fun, funny, strong. Is that so hard to ask for? No. Not at all. I mean, I have friends who jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. Meanwhile, it's literally been years since I've had any kind of relationship. Come on! Really...

Maybe I'm intimidating. Maybe I'm not pretty enough (although, I disagree with that fo sho). Maybe there aren't any single dudes left.

On that sad, sad note, I'm outta here. =\
xo

PS. It really ticks me off when people are like "just stop looking". They have NO idea how hard it is.
PSS. According to a quiz I just took, I'll be married in 1-2 years. Accurate? Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Charity Girl-
    This blog did make me sad. I want you to be happy. If having someone by your side makes you happy, then I want that for you. But you are fabulous by yourself. Also, maybe you're being too picky, which s totally a good thing. You deserve the best. Also, never ever EVER say you aren't pretty enough, because that is absolutely 100% false. I'm not sure if there is only one person you were "destined" to be with, but I do believe there's AT LEAST one person out there for you, you just haven't found him yet, and if you have, you haven't realized it's him yet. Keep looking girl. Keep your hopes up. And know that we all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Marly said. You'll be alright, girl. It's frustrating, I'm sure, but you're still young. It's not like you're pushing 40 or something and your clock is ticking. Chin up, Charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you do find someone...whether it's tomorrow or in a year...it will make all this time waiting seem worthwhile. I know God has something in store. Meanwhile, keep in mind you moved to a new city by yourself and started a life without someone. That takes a lot of independence and strength. More than I have! Give yourself credit for that. Now I'm sure the next chapter of you life...the loooove chapter... will start up. Everything will fall into place. Don't think about those friends who jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend. I wish I had done that a lot less. It's hard on the heart, confidence, and independence. Maxim Hot 100 is a sure thing for next year. I feel it.

    Hang in there! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete