31 October 2010

You probably picked the worst one to steal...


Hmm... this has been quite a week. However, I can't be too bummed because God has been good to me. I'm so blessed. With that being said, let me just give you a little glimpse into my week.

My angels were less than angelic this week. Well, at least to begin with. They got it together.

On Tuesday, I noticed my tire was low. Long story, very short I had to drop $175 unexpectedly on 3 tires because the front 2 were bad as well as the one with nail.

On Thursday, I noticed that my GPS and a case of CDs were missing from my car. Stolen.

However, the biggest kicker of them all is...my missing ipod. I noticed it was missing Thursday evening and assumed I left it at school. Well, of course, it wasn't there. I double checked at home, and it's still nowhere to be found. So, the worst has been realized. My $300 ipod touch has been stolen and most likely not by someone in my class. So here's the plan. I'm going to go to the students in the other class and talk with them. I think they need to know that I don't care who took it. I just want it back. I had apps on the ipod for my students (math games, sight word practice, etc) that they really benefited from. I'm also planning to point out to them that they probably picked the worst ipod to take. First of all, it was almost dead (and they have no power cord for it). Whoever has it also probably has no internet access which make an ipod touch dang near useless. That means, no facebook, no twitter, no internet. Lastly, and most importantly, my musical interests are worlds apart from theirs. I don't listen to "cool" music. I mean, really what kid wants to listen to John Mayer, Coldplay, Ray LaMontagne, or Sheryl Crow. I'm sure they probably got that ipod home and thought, "this woman has terrible taste in music".

Hopefully, my ipod is returned safe and sound. I've been praying that God will soften the hearts of the students and my ipod will be returned safe and sound. I've also been praying that if it's not the Lord's will for me to have it back, that I will have peace about it and not hold a grudge against the students. (If all else fails, I'm seriously considering offering a reward for the safe return of my ipod...)

Today, I found out that one of my Phi Mu sisters died. She often had seizures and last night she didn't recover. It's a very bizarre reality when someone you knew well dies. Mandy was a sweet girl who could put a smile on the saddest face. I pray for peace for her family, friends, boyfriend, and sisters.

To top it all off, my left pointer finger has some kind of crazy infection. It's purple and swollen, but it is improving. I won't go into details, but the medicine, soaking methods, and pushing gunk out of the side of my finger seems to be doing the trick. Whew! No gangrene here!

In happier news, Becky came to see me last weekend! We journeyed to Ikea to picked up some good stuff. My vintage/modern look is coming together. We had a blast. I fully enjoy her company and I can't wait until our next adventure. Hopefully, Mar and Sam will join us!

My cousin, Carolyn has her first game today. She's playing as I type. I know she is ballin' out there. Hopefully, I'll make it to a game this year to show her my support. She's basically awesome.

The LJ will be here this weekend. We are going to go see Sara Bareilles! YEAH BUDDY! It promises to be a good time. I'm looking forward to staying up late, chatting, and eating candy until my teeth hurt. :)

Oh yes, I also was a bridesmaid 2 weeks ago (again, I know). Let me just say, I had the time of my life. It was a beautiful wedding. Jeremy and Sam clearly love each other, but Sam was careful to let us know how much it meant that we were all there to support them. The reception was a stellar time. We danced, sang, eat, reminisced, acted goofy in a photo booth, and genuinely enjoyed the company of friends. I'm so thankful that Jeremy and Sam allowed me to be apart of their big day. They are fantastic friends. (I hope they enjoy their gift... :) )

I believe that is all. The Pats are playing and they need my encouragement.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment