10 November 2010

Espérons que le ruisseau ne se lèvera pas


Well, I survived.

My horrible week turned around. I had the best plan for recovery: breakdown several times for several hours at a time, pray for about 394 hours, and spend about $250 at various stores. Retail therapy ALWAYS helps. My kids began to behave, my tires make my car rides so much better, and MY IPOD IS BACK! I had such a swell of support from my family and friends. It's very nice to know that while we might be far apart in distance, our hearts are always near one another.

My ipod is basically how I get through the school day so I'm thrilled it's back. I have a special playlist that has songs that I like that are school appropriate. I'm turning my kids away from their Rick Ross and Woka Flocka ways and leading them on the path of Ray LaMontagne and Bon Iver. They're beginning to love it. I even caught one of them humming a Bon Iver song! Yesss!

Last weekend's Sara Bareilles concert was amazing. She's so incredibly talented. I mean, how many pop artist out today can ACTUALLY sing and play multiple instruments?! Few. That's how many. LJ was here. We had a blast. Only sad thing, I didn't go out for breakfast on Sunday. In case you forgot, I LOVE breakfast places. Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, IHOP, and especially Waffle House are some of the best places in America. LJ had to leave early, so no breakfast. :( Oh well, hopefully Kate and I can make up for it this weekend.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (pt 1) comes out next stinkin' week. Everytime I think about it, my heart skips a beat. I cannot wait. It's going to be awesome! I mean, The Harry Potter novels are for sure on my list of favorite books and it's always so neat to see them put into movies. It's so hard to believe that it's coming to an end. Alas, all good things do. I get so pumped for these movies and spend too much money seeing them over and over again and it's totally worth it. (Quick side note: Guess who's going back to Orlando for Spring Break?! ME!)

Thanksgiving is coming soon. That means food (duh), family, and black Friday! Becky and I have basically made it a tradition to shop till we drop on that day. It's so much fun. I love the hustle and bustle. I love standing in the freezing cold. I love going to bed late and waking up 3 hours later to "beat the rush" (we never do). I love being slap happy by 11am. It's such a fun day!

I'm supposed to go on a ghost tour of Old Louisville this weekend. It's just one of the really neat things Louisville has to offer. You start at a central location and walk to all these old mansions. Actors have dressed up like "ghosts" of people who lived in Old Louisville from various time periods to tell their stories. Many of them are unsolved murders and tragic deaths which is why their spirit is still hanging around.

There is a stellar Muse song (Undisclosed Desires) on right now. I gotta dance!
Stay classy internet.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment