We meet again dear blog. You always seem to reappear at the most random times. Since we're here, I might as well tell you about m'life...it's stellar.
I've got a whole new batch of people this year. It's been the rudest awakening after 2 years of near-perfect students. I have one in particular that worries me. He's (kinda) sweet, but he's challenging. I had to stop in the middle of my reading lesson today, bow my head, and (silently) pray for patience. Seriously. The kids all stared, but guess what? I got through the lesson and the rest of the day! (It doesn't hurt that I've got an amazing support group here!)
Jax Gotham (my 2011 Jeep Compass. Swagg.) and I have done a lot recently. We spent most of the summer crusin' the interstates (camp, Evansville, Ohio, Lexington, etc.) I got to go to 2 superb concerts this summer, Michael Buble and New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys. It was good to be back doing what I love...watching songs that I belt out in the shower and car come to life.
This summer also allowed me time to see many of my friends. It was good to see them and remember how much I love them. It was especially cool to see some that I almost never get to be around. One very lucky gal even got a mixtape. That's true friendship right there!
It was not so great to see others. Have you ever thought "oh man, I really miss seeing ______! We should hang out." Then you meet up and remember why you haven't called them. I totally had a couple of those experiences. Seeing so many of the folks that I am no longer compatible with made me realize how much my real friends mean to me. Life lesson: Being friends since childhood, does not mean you'll be friends in adult life.
Speaking of friends, 2 of them are getting hitched next year. I'm very happy for them and I love hearing all the details. They are really enjoying the planning and both will be beautiful brides. For those of you keeping track, these two will make me a bridesmaid 5 times over. The closet is getting full. It's like a rainbow in there! Weddings are happy, but stressful. There's just so much to remember! While I complain (sometimes) about not getting married, I'm actually in no hurry. When it's right, it'll happen...at the Justice of the Peace. :) (Kidding!)
I love being so stress free. The pressure of having a dual personalities was just too much! I can't see how Black Swan did it! I don't even let work stuff bother me. The beautiful thing is that I'm so happy. Huzzah!
On that note, I'll leave you with this.
So, let go, let go
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
--"Let Go" Frou Frou
Thanks Frou Frou. You're a winner.
xo
I'm so glad you're happy girl. I'm still super jealous you got to go to KNOTB/BSB... I wanted to go SOOOO bad. Instead my CIT was stolen from me. ;) lol. Black Swan was CA-RAY-ZEE!!! That's how she did it! :)
ReplyDelete